- 1 Slurpee, any flavor
- 1 Slurpee straw
- 1 handful birdshot (whatever gauge you have handy will be fine)
- 1 saucepan, medium
- 1 tape recorder
- 2 cassette tapes
- put Slurpee out on the counter
- allow it to begin melting
- put birdshot in saucepan
- roll it around, in a circular motion
- develop a good consistent sound
- record this sound onto the first tape
- label this tape "TAPE A"
- if the slurpee hasn't become soft and at least partially liquid, go back and repeat the birdshot steps
- eat/drink the Slurpee, leaving 1/4" (roughly .6 cm) of liquid at the bottom of the cup
- wait for the brain freeze to pass
- insert the other tape into the tape recorder
- record the sound of sucking the last bit of the Slurpee out of the cup. This should sound wet and, um, slurp-y.
- if not, buy another Slurpee and try again
- watch out for brain freeze
- maybe just a big cup of Coke would work, too
- when you have a satisfying straw-slurp sound recorded, label the tape "TAPE B"
- play back TAPE A and TAPE B simultaneously
That's the sound that my desktop computer at home is making off and on. I think I need a new fan.
Remember to bring a handful of marbles and a vacuum cleaner tomorrow.