- Hard Drive Wrangling - A while ago, I blamed Matt for using up my last few bytes on my MP3 partition. Or at least encouraging me to get a CD which took me over my disk space. I finally got around to swapping in a new hard drive on that machine. I've been having odd unresponsive spells, and I was guessing that it had something to do with insufficient hard drive space. My other theory was insufficient memory, and that's looking better now, as I've got lots of free hard drive space and the machine still seems cranky.
- Mosaic Tweaking - I spent the early afternoon fiddling around with my Firefly Mosaics. I haven't put anything new up on that page, and looking at what's there, you wouldn't really be able to notice the difference if I did. I tried to get a more satisfactory tiling around Kaylee's face - but I don't think I really made much progress.
- Stay Alive - I saw a trailer for this movie. It's about some sort of Playstation 2 game (to look at the controllers) that some kids get an illicit copy of. (Hey, wasn't that the plot of "WarGames"?) "If you die in the game, you die in real life". Yeah. Whoever wrote that script has a fundamental misunderstanding of the software testing process.
- Ultraviole(n)t - another entry in my 'chicks in tight clothing destroying stuff' category. I had low expectations, and I was very pleasantly surprised. Well choreographed fighting, and lots and lots of interesting visuals. No, not the costumes. I was reminded of no less than the following list:
- The Matrix
- Aeon Flux
- Sin City
- Tomb Raider
- Hawaii Five-O
Seriously - it was a fun movie. A few things made me roll my eyes, but there were some moments where I stopped and noted "hey, I've not yet seen this scene done to death".
- The Matrix
- Ang Lee, Wyoming, Linda Cardellini, Anne Hathaway, Cowboys - I wanted to see this before the Oscars get handed out. I've heard that it's got some chance of winning some statues. It's not bad. My favorite line: "This is a goddamned bitch of an unsatisfactory situation". Unlikely that I'll find occasion to use it, but you take what you can.
- She's the Man - I saw a standee (or was it a poster?) of this movie. Here's the tagline: "Everybody has a secret... Duke wants Olivia who likes Sebastian who is really Viola whose brother is dating Monique so she hates Olivia who's with Duke to make Sebastian jealous who is really Viola who's crushing on Duke who thinks she's a guy...". I've seen this one already. Hey, let's update every classic story to be set in contemporary high schools. It's about time to remake Star Wars, The Breakfast Club, and Jaws starring Lindsay Lohan, Amanda Bynes, and Hilary Duff.
May all your situations be satisfactory.