These bullet points just in:
- Matt got married. My favorite gag in this situation is "the weekend went off without a hitch". Heh. But yeah, totally hitched.
- I loved getting together to see friends I haven't seen in years.
- I even survived absurd layovers while connecting hither and yon on my way home.
- Augusta's canal system totally ripped off Lowell, Massachusetts' industry. Shouts out to my peeps in the Bay State, keepin' the looms running.
- I left my camera on the breakfast table at one point. It found its way back to me right away, which was good. However, (no causal connection, I suspect) the CF card inside seems to be corrupt now. Perhaps because I connected absolute power to ground through it. No, seriously, I'm unable to recover my pictures off the drive. Fortunately, I took some pictures with my phone, which you can see on my Flickr account.
- I read The Man in the High Castle and Island of the Sequined Love Nun in downtimes (mostly on the plane) over the weekend. tMitHC: Meh. IotSLN: good.
- Two vultures were coming down the jetway, shortly before the end of boarding. The one vulture had a racoon under one wing and an armadillo under the other. The other vulture had a dead snake and something hard to identify - it might have been a shrew or some kind of opossum. The stewardess stopped them at the door and told them they couldn't board, because the policy was only to allow "one piece of carrion per passenger".