- I was afraid that Pan's Labyrinth would run away with the show for a while.
- I was afraid that Al Gore would run away with the show, and he did.
- I found myself staring at people's ears.
- Was Jack Nicholson not well? There seemed to be a lot of random footage of him lurking in the wings. Does he have a pipe organ beneath the theatre? Subterranean lake? I'm pretty sure he's got a reserved seat at the Oscars. Hmmm.
- I liked the Snakes on a Plane shadow. And the Oscar Shadow. And, I guess, the pistol shadow. The rest, meh.
- I made a list of movies I neglected to see this year. Thank you, Netflix.
- Ellen was OK. I liked Jon Stewart and Steve Martin, though. Either of them could come back, assuming they're not in any movies that are likely to be nominated next year.
- Once again, the commercials for the Oscars were superior to the commercials for the Superbowl. I liked the J. C. Penney commercial that recreated classic movie scenes.
- I fast forwarded through the music. The last time I enjoyed a musical performance at the Oscars, it was from Triplets of Belleville. I'd totally rent a DVD of the Oscars from that year, just to see that performance again.
- Speaking of music, how accurate was Clint's summary of Ennio's speech? It seemed like Clint (ok, a man of few words) said a lot less than Ennio.
- In this era of hundreds of channels and TiVo and digital transmission and storage, I'd be fine with the Oscar ceremony being broadcast on its own pay-per-view channel with extra footage, including the technical oscars. Give me 12 hours of goodness, I'll record it and watch it 2 hours at a time.
- Any particular reason why we cut so early to Gwyneth walking onto stage? She's pretty, sure, but it's not like she walks like a goddess. Left foot, right foot. Or maybe right foot, left foot. Nothing that impressive.
This is really primarily for Cassie, but I rarely post here, so it's also an exercise in "how does LJ work again? Or how does it work today?".…
Hey, is this thing on? I was just sending email to a mailing list (nothing exciting, don't feel insulted if you're not on it) that was thinking…
So, this past weekend, a bunch of my friends / acquaintences / teammates got together and competed in a local trivia competition. There are a few…