1. When you walk in your front door, which room do you enter?
Er, call it the "Family Room"? The "Living Room"? The "TV Room"? It's the one with the TV and the couch.
2. Do you have a dishwasher?
3. Is your living room carpeted or does it have hardwood floors?
The aforementioned room with the TV begins a stretch of wall-to-wall carpeting that extends down the hall to the bedrooms.
4. Do you keep your kitchen knives on the counter or in a drawer?
I just recently got myself a knife block, so the best knives (which really aren't that good - I've got my eye on a nice set of knives as the holidays and finances settle down) are in the block, on the counter. There are some more that are in a drawer.
5. House, apartment, duplex or trailer?
Free-standing one-story house. No trailer hitches anywhere to be found.
6. How many bedrooms is it?
Built as a 3 bedroom, the previous owners converted the garage to a bedroom. I proceeded to stick books in one room, turning that into a "library", computers in one room, turning it into an "office", and a bunch of boxes into the garage bedroom, turning it into "storage". Also, there's a treadmill in that room. So, I go in at least once or twice a year.
Also, there's a bed in one of the bedrooms.
7. Gas stove or electric?
Boring old electric stove. There's gas heat, and I've thought about investing in having someone run a line through the house, and on other days, I've thought about getting an electric inductive range. We'll see.
8. Do you have a yard?
I think of the creeping green outside the house as three separate yards.
9. What size TV is in the living room?
So, we've decided to call it the living room, I guess. The TV that's there dates back to 1993. I forget how big it is. 27 inches?
10. Are your plates in the same cupboard as your cups?
I have a bunch of glasses in the cupboard with the plates. There are some coffee mugs in that same cupboard, too. There are tumblers behind an adjacent cupboard door, and a few other drinking implements in the cupboard over the stove.
11. Is there a coffee maker sitting on your kitchen counter?
Nope. I'm pretty sure there's a coffee-making device in the pantry/closet/shelving, but it doesn't see a lot of use.
12. What room do you keep the dead bodies in?
I expect the sense of this question is where the guests are less commonly invited - which extends to most of the extremities of the house. All the bedrooms are behind closed doors, just so I don't have to clean them to the same level of presentability.
13. What room is your computer in?
Several computers in the office, some more in a walk-in closet off the dining room. A few in the TV room.
14. Are there pictures hanging in your living room?
I've got a print of a Native American design, a poster of "Return of the Jedi", and a boat.
15. Are there any themes found in your home?
Lots of half-finished projects scattered about the house, lots of games, lots of books.
16. What kind of laundry detergent do you use?
Cheer? The big red jug.
17. Do you use dryer sheets?
18. Do you have any curtains in your home?
I've got some blinds, and I've got some curtains. Someday, I'll get rid of the curtains altogether.
19. What color is your fridge?
20. Is your house clean?
Messy, cluttered, somewhat dangerous, but not infectious.
21. What room is the most neglected?
Probably the library, I'm sad to say.
22. Are the dishes in your sink clean or dirty?
Who puts clean dishes in the sink?
23. How long have you lived in your home?
Since October 1999
24. Where did you live before?
An apartment in Bothell
25. Do you have one of those fluffy toilet lid covers on your toilet?
I think there's one in the half-bath off the office.
26. Do you have a scale anywhere in your house?
A bathroom scale and a kitchen scale, both.
27. How many mirrors are in your house?
One per bathroom. I might have an emergency mirror in a backpack.
28. Do you have a garage?
I've got a used-to-be-garage. I now have a carport. One day, I'd like to add a full-on garage.