I've picked up a bit of post-nasal drip, which hasn't got to full-on hacking cough, but I'm sure it will in the next few days. In the meantime, I'm trying to load up on the fluids. Also:
- Watched It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World - I recall my folks talking about this movie when I was a kid - the plot involves a handful (5, no, 8, no, a dozen...) of people scrambling to find buried treasure buried by a fugitive. The thing that makes it worth watching is the cast. I won't type them in here, look for yourself. Actually, that's a little misleading, since some of the appearances are cameos in the older style - barely recognizable walk-ons. Buster Keaton and the Three Stooges, for instance, are credited, but their appearances are awfully brief - so much so that if you insisted that they weren't in the movie, I couldn't convince you otherwise.
- Went out to lunch - I had plans to meet up with friends for lunch before going to a movie (below). I thought I'd be super-organized and get my movie ticket before lunch. On my way back to my car in the movie theater's parking lot, I notice my right rear tire is flat. Nuts. Still, lunch was good, in spite of being drenched from the walk from the theater to the restaurant.
- Watched Cloverfield - No spoilers, but 84 minutes is awfully short for a movie, and awfully long for a hand-held camera.
- Changed the tire - hey, I have a spare. And a jack. And much of the equipment necessary to make use of said. Also, hey, I have a cold. Fortunately, one of my friends that I saw the movie with helped me change the tire. It's good to have friends.
- Bought 4 new tires - whee.
- More movies? Turn in early? - I've got two more NetFlix envelopes calling out to me. Or, I could curl up with NyQuil and an electric blanket in an even more horizontal attitude and try to kick this thing.