Hm, not all geeky, I guess.
- fiddled with the inside of the guest toilet
- wrote a script to help me allocate directory trees into CD-ROM or DVD-ROM sized chunks for making backups
- also, the script archives those chunks to .tar.gz files
- I began burning these files onto CD/DVD. I only have about 2 DVD-ROMs worth of data to back up, but I'm trying to be organized, and put logically connected stuff together, and stuff that's not really so connected on other disks, so instead of 2 DVDs, I've got 4 DVDs, 12 CDs, and 2 audio CDs to burn. Not all tonight.
- I came up with an idea for a game for PyWeek, which I decided I wasn't going to enter this time around. I'm still pretty sure I'm not going to enter PyWeek. I might still make the game, someday. Possibly as a card game, in which case, I'd post a PDF somewhere so you could play it, too.
- I had promised myself to get a little bit of work done on my Word Sudoku book today, and I delivered on that promise. I added page numbers, which isn't a huge thing, but it's a thing. And I wrote code so now I can tell what page a puzzle is on, as if I were making an index. I'm not making an index, but I'm thinking about shuffling the clues around the book, so you won't see the clue and the puzzle at the same time. If you want the clue as a hint, you can look it up, but I'm not making it that easy for you.
I also tinkered a bit with the layout, and I think I have more tinkering to do. Some of the puzzles are crammed in at 6 to a page, and that might be too tight. Or, I might be able to spread them out a bit.
It occurred to me that instead of a (PyGame) game in a week, it might be nice to try to have my next draft of this book done by the end of next weekend. I'm sure I could do such a thing, and it'd be potentially profitable, besides. To the tune of a buck or two a month, but still.
Ok, it's time to turn my brain off for a bit.