- I've been a sloth and haven't exercised in a week or so. I got lazy over the 3 day weekend, and it stuck.
- Also over the 3 day weekend, I reinstalled my OS on my webserver. Relatively painless process, given that I was prompted to do it by some malicious punk intruding into my system.
- As a result of the above, I've been pondering the infectiousness of good and bad deeds. I had been working on a project that hopefully would have added amusement, if not joy, to the world. Instead, this intruder with his act of malice turned my mood surly and interrupted the project. I think I'm better now, but what if that same guy spent the same amount of effort doing a generous act? So, hey. Do something nice for a stranger today.
- I saw two trash romantic comedies over the weekend: A Guy Thing and Good Advice. AGT featured Julia Stiles and had some amusing moments. GA featured (get ready) Charlie Sheen, Angie Harmon, Denise Richards, Jon Lovitz, Rosanna Arquette, Estelle Harris, and John De Lancie. With this number of recognizable faces, it felt more like a high school play than a movie - I never lost myself in the fiction of the movie because each actor was so recognizable for other things. The performances were all well-delivered; I was surprised to see Angie Harmon playing a romantic lead so well. Adding to my difficulty with the film was the fact that Charlie Sheen's character was a high-powered stockbroker. The whole stock market storyline felt about a dozen years out of place.
- I'm ashamed to admit that I set up a TiVo season pass for "ALF". Then I watched an episode and regretted it. Still, Max Wright (the father, and also the owner of Central Perk on "Friends") reminds me of Joe Lieberman.
- Games Magazine has a contest that's stuck in my head. Anybody else out there in the same boat?
Ok, my mumbo-jumbo nonsense has run dry.